Blessings to you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Yesterday, we carried some more patients to the Solid Rock Missions medical clinic in San Juan. Praise God we had a good trip there and back with the van. I am heading back today to pick up the people that had operations yesterday and to carry some more today. Medical help in our part of the country is a not easy to find. What we consider simple problems can turn into life threatening situations here. Some have their limbs amputated unnecessarily for lack of care or ability my the medical personnel in our area. We are thankful for the relationship we have made with the brethren at Solid Rock clinic.
There was a local Haitian man that was shot in the abdomen almost two weeks ago. He was transported to the main hospital in our province to be treated. He was looked at and sent home to die in the mountains. I was asked if I could help save him, so I went up with Pastor Nathan in the night and transported him out of a shack where he was dying on an old wooden door to a van. We then found an ambulance to transport him to the city where he had spent the last week for surgery. He was released yesterday (before time to heal) with Pastor Nathan, but by the time he made the trip back to our area, he was again in bad shape. He is back in the local hospital, but we are praying to get him better help as his situation is critical again.
Our services have been increasing in attendance, as well as our bible studies during the week. We had 22 teenagers and young adults Thursday night. I am currently teaching on the Old Testament persons and history. (Old Testament Survey). We are planning a marriage ceremony in La Lanza for a couple in the church. We also have some folks to be baptized this month. Next month, I am invited to be the speaker at the National Youth Conference of the Dominican Baptist churches. Pray for God to have his way in the preaching. I am also planning a trip into Haiti to preach at a Pastors' Conference in the north. We plan to visit the orphanage where we used to live in Cap Haitian. This is where missionaries Kathy Gouker and Alice Wise have served for more than thirty years. We are looking forward to be a blessing to them. We will be asking if they can prepare a group of the older orphans to do a Vacation Bible School here where we serve in Polo for the Haitian children.
Thank you for your friendship and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment